The mission of the Enterprise Messaging and Infrastructure Branch (EMIB) is to provide essential services which will preserve and benefit the free flow of information exchange that is critical to the larger mission of the National Institutes of Health. Services are provided in a professional and courteous manner through the effective management of system resources.
The Enterprise Messaging and Infrastructure Branch recognize that its employees are the foundation upon which these services are provided. EMIB supports the NIH mission by providing a Central Messaging Service that is reliable, secure, easy-to-use, and economical. EMIB provides the necessary IT Infrastructure needed to support, plan and implement, and restructure information technology at NIH.
- Central Email Service (CES) with robust Anti-SPAM and Anti-Virus protection
- Secure and reliable mobile messaging services for on-the-go users
- Secure and transparent instant messaging (IM) gateway
- Easy-to-use central electronic facsimile (FAX) service
This Central Email Service Web site intends to assist the NIH user community with email and related needs, and IT administrators who work with email services or infrastructure such as the following:
- Active Directory (AD) infrastructure and associated services
- User authentication
- Account management
- LDAP Directory
- Directory management