The NIH Data Center's z/OS mainframe system (Titan) provides an efficient, reliable and economical computing environment, and offers robust commercial products and tools.
Titan Password Help
Titan uses IBM's JES2 and provides the following services:
- High Level Assembler
Statistical Systems (limited support)
- Connectivity—QWS 3270 Secure, WS_FTP Pro, web-based secure file transfer, SSH, Connect:Direct
- Disaster recovery
- Document system—BookManager
- File management—VISION:Builder
- Printing—high volume (at the Data Center), local networked printers (VPS)
- RACF for data and access security (including changing passwords)
- SILK web hosting—customized, public, and secure servers
- Web-based applications (including Password Reset, RACF, TSO commands, and Web Sponsor)
More information on hardware and software is available on the CIT website.
Titan is validated for hosting critical applications and sensitive data. For further information, see security.
Additional Information and Assistance
Users will find the following CIT publications useful:
New Titan users should subscribe to the web-based periodical Titan News via NIH Listserv.
Assistance is available from the NIH IT Service Desk at 301-496-4357 (local), 866-319-4357 (toll free), or 301-496-8294 (TTY).