The NIH Data Center, administered by the NIH Center for Information Technology (CIT), is a multi-system federal data center that provides high-speed connectivity and host processing for the applications of NIH and other federal agencies throughout the United States. In addition, CIT offers co-location services for customer-owned equipment, both on campus at the NIH Data Center and off campus in northern Virginia.
AssistanceFor customer support or specific information on getting started, contact the NIH IT Service Desk at 301-496-4357 (local), 866-319-4357 (toll free), or 301-496-8294 (TTY).
- Customer administered security
- Disaster recovery
- Firewall and instrusion detection services
- SSAE 16 (formerly SAS 70)-validated security
- Comprehensive change management
- Automated backup and recovery
- 7x24 availability (for most systems)
- 7x24 system monitoring and problem resolution
- Redundant hardware and software in critical system areas
- Continuous power system (CPS)