Online Service Request – Request support from the NIH IT Service Desk via the Web.
At the heart of IT support at NIH is the NIH IT Service Desk, which provides technical support to the NIH community via the Web, phone and email. The IT Service Desk receives over a thousand requests for service every business day, and where issues cannot be resolved in-house, they are assigned to support staff in each of NIH’s Institutes and Centers.
NIH IT Service Desk Support Channels and Information
- Online Service Request– The online service request lets you submit a request for IT support directly to the NIH IT Service Desk using an online dialog that prompts you for your contact information and then allows you to describe your issue for the help desk technicians. This is the most effective way to request IT support.
- Search Knowledge Base– The CIT Knowledge Base (KB) is an online repository of information that the help desk uses when responding to customer inquiries. Much of the information in the KB is made available for searching by the general NIH community via this Web interface.
- Frequently Asked Questions – The NIH IT Service Desk maintains a repository of customer Frequently Asked Questions about a variety of topics, including electronic mail, ITAS, and remote access, among many others. You may view a list of topics here.
- Service Request Information– If you have the ticket ID of an existing IT Service Desk support case, you can check the current status of the request and update the information via this interface.
- Hot News– Hot News items represent IT service items of impact to the NIH community. The current list of Hot News item are available on the main IT Service Desk Web site.
- Maintenance Calendar– When maintenance on NIH’s IT infrastructure is scheduled, the dates and times of the planned outages are listed here, on the Maintenance and Outage Calendar.
- Hours and Full Contact Information
For information about the IT Service Desk’s technology, including the ticketing system, ACD or Knowledge Base, visit our Support Technologies page.