The Center for Information Technology (CIT) provides the NIH community with a secure and reliable IT infrastructure and a variety of IT services to support mission-critical research and administration. Among its activities, CIT provides:
- A robust and secure enterprise network service to support voice, video, messaging and data;
- State-of-the-art, high performance scientific computing platforms;
- Bioinformatics and computational bioscience resources to facilitate intramural research;
- Secure access to IT systems, including computers, applications and systems;
- New computing technologies and innovative applications to solve business problems;
- Data-processing, hosting and storage facilities; and
- Access to discounted software products and applications information, expertise, and training.
The Center for Information Technology (CIT) supports mission critical research by delivering IT services and products through a network of service leads and their associated groups.
- Office of the Director: Directs and evaluates the Center's programs, policies, and procedures and provides analysis and guidance in the development of services and systems.
- Office of Administrative Management: Provides support in the areas of finance, human resources, contracts, acquisition, procurement, communication and administration.
- Office of Intramural Research: Provides scientific and technical expertise to NIH and the Intramural Research Program by development and delivery of computational methods and tools to solve complex biomedical laboratory and clinical research problems.
- Office of IT Services Management: Provides a variety IT services to maximize agility and promote responsiveness in support of NIH IT.
- Network Services: Manages the high speed, flexible, and secure NIH network, connecting more than 100 research labs and facilities on the NIH campus, at remote locations, and the Internet and Internet 2.
- High Performance Computing Services: Manages and supports NIH High Performance Computing (HPC) Core Facility, enabling NIH’s intramural researchers to better harness information for cutting-edge research.
- Unified Communication and Collaboration Services: Manages and delivers integrated voice, video, and messaging to support NIH staff and the broad research community.
- Business Application Support Services: Provides commercial and custom information technology solutions to meet the needs of research, program, and administrative application development integration and support.
- Facility and Infrastructure Services: Provides and maintains the infrastructure and cabling services to support data, voice and video, and cellular connectivity across NIH.
- Hosting and Storage Services: Provides secure, highly available Windows, Unix, Linux, and database hosting and data storage services to the NIH community. Components include an onsite Federal Data Center and an off-site commercial hosting environment.
- Identity and Access Management: Provides the management of policy and infrastructure required to provide secure access to NIH networks, computers, applications, files, websites, and other IT resources.
- IT Support Services: Provides end-to-end IT support services (such as desktop support or assistance with hardware purchases) through the entire customer lifecycle.
- Operations Management Services: Directs and supports CIT’s daily IT service management functions.
- Service Desk Services: Manages NIH and specialized call center capabilities, supporting NIH staff with IT service needs.